Fermentanicals Sprouted Ground Flax contains milled flaxseeds, a gluten-free, paleo-friendly seed that is thought to be the world’s richest source of omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, flaxseed is full of three important compounds – the omega-3 fatty acid α-linolenic acid (ALA), dietary fibre and phytochemicals, which are non-nutritive plant-based substances that possess health-protective properties and act as potent antioxidants. Flaxseeds are known to specifically contain the phytochemical known as lignans.
This nutrient-packed seed can help maintain regular digestion, assist in overall bodily health due to its omega-3 fatty acid content and it may help to reduce free radical damage while aiding blood sugar control.
Why Choose Sprouted Foods?
- Germinate (activate) the seed, stimulating the production of proteolytic enzymes that make both carbohydrates and proteins digestible
- Increase the alkalinity of the seed
- Shed anti-nutrients that inhibit digestion such as phytic acid, which can inhibit the absorption of some minerals including iron and zinc
- Pre-digest and break down complex sugar molecules, making them easier to digest
- Sprouted foods contain higher levels of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and protein
- Sprouted foods additionally contain less calories and carbohydrates than their non-sprouted equivalents
- Differs from Activation in the germination process yields more nutrients as opposed to activation which has the same nutrients as the raw seed.